|Program Internal Auditor, Africa (Dakar, Senegal)
Annonceur: HELEN KELLER INTERNATIONAL
To ensure congruity and consistency of financial policies and procedures, the Program Internal
Auditor will be a member of the global Internal Audit unit of the Finance department while also
serving as a key liaison to the Program Management Team (PMT) for the Vitamin A Program so
that learnings from the audits can be fully integrated into program planning and implementation.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit (based in Cameroon), and will team
up with other Internal Audit colleagues in accordance with the demands of the job. To maintain
the independence of Internal Audit, the unit has a dual reporting structure, reporting functionally
to the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees and administratively to the Chief Finance
The Internal Auditor works closely with colleagues on the Vitamin A PMT, who in turn provide
guidance to country office teams. Together, the Internal Auditor and program colleagues liaise
with members of Country Management Teams, including Country Directors, Finance Managers
and Project Managers to plan audits and follow-up measures and facilitate the integration
between finance and program work with the common goal of ensuring that project objectives are
Helen Keller has a matrixed reporting structure that respects both local line management and
the accountability and oversight duties of remote subject matter experts, such as members of
the Internal Audit unit and the Vitamin A PMT. Regular communication and a spirit of teamwork
are essential to make this structure thrive.
• Develop and execute an annual audit plan for the Vitamin A Program that includes all
implementing countries, and other programs, as assigned.
• Review internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and
• Document all internal audit work using Audit Board software, maintaining adequate
working papers, and ensuring that all work steps are completed in the system.
• Prepare consistent, concise, and informative audit reports to effectively communicate
findings to auditees.
• Provide recommendations to address the findings, and strengthen internal guidelines,
policies, procedures, and work processes.
• Follow-up internal audit findings monthly, using Audit Board software and seek
explanations for open findings.
• Co-facilitate anti-fraud training, as needed.
• Any other work as assigned by the Internal Audit team
Qualification / Formation :
Required Qualifications/Competencies • Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field; with a minimum of 6-8 years
directly related prior work experience including at least two years in a similar
position/organization; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• CA/CIA/ACCA certification an advantage.
• Evidence of strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills,
• Ability and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Very good oral and written English and/or French language skills, including the ability to
write well-structured audit reports, with an ability to navigate the other language as well.
• Highly computer literate, including knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word;
PowerPoint; Outlook), and strong Excel skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow
through to completion.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience working effectively in teams and cross-cultural
settings. Collaborative, flexible and solution-oriented.
• Interest in international development and public health programs as well as an
understanding of the synergy between the programmatic, operational, and financial
components in project design and implementation a strong plus.
• Demonstrable respect for all persons regardless of religion, ethnicity, class or gender,
with a high comfort level working in a diverse environment with a demonstrated
commitment to high professional ethical standards while maintaining a high level of
• Commitment to Helen Keller Intl’s work and mission
• Ability and willingness to:
o flex work hours to accommodate multiple time zones; and
o undertake international travel (approximately 24 weeks of travel per year).
PLEASE NOTE: all staff must be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to
Description de l'offre :
Helen Keller’s Internal Audit unit brings a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and
improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. It is an
internal resource that provides independent, objective assurance and consulting to our many
offices around the world to continuously improve Helen Keller’s operations in support of our
mission. The function provides objective assurance on the effectiveness of the Helen Keller risk
management framework. It is meant to be preventive and proactive in nature, with a strong
training component that emphasizes personal responsibility at all levels.
Localisation : DAKAR
Date d'expiration :
Dossier de candidature :
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to HKI.Recruitment@hki.org
noting the job title in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an
inclusive workforce where diversity in all its forms is fully valued.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, caste,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on the
ability to perform the required job duties.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a
qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or
interview process, please contact us at the email above or Tel: 0732804486
HELEN KELLER INTL
• DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
(APPLICATION, TEST, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
• DOES NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
• DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY.